Sunday 25 August 2013

Doo-bee-doo.

I do apologise for neglecting you all lately. My bad.

Okay. I don't even know what to say. Well. I know what to say. But I just don't quite know how to say it. So I'll do my best.


As you may or may not know, it was A-level results day last Thursday. The day which I had been dreading since I sat my last exam in June. I was so nervous. You have no idea how much I panicked and cried and stressed and flapped and oh. It was absolutely awful.

BUT. All of that worrying was for nothing.

I DID IT. I BLOODY FLIPPING DID IT.

I am officially an English student at the University of Lincoln. (Well. I will be when I formally register in September...)

I'm still so shocked. You have no idea. It's been over a week and sometimes I just sit here not quite being able to comprehend what's happened.

BUT ANYWAY. I move into my accommodation four weeks today, which is exciting. Then it's freshers week. And then I actually start my course. It's all so brilliant. I've made friends with some people on Facebook and have spoken to a lovely girl on Twitter. Some of whom are doing my course, some of whom aren't. Because that's what I'm most worried about. New people. I'm rubbish at social interaction and strangers and agh. But I'm a lot more confident about it now than I have been previously. I'm trying to embrace the fear, I guess.


So I think that that's about it for now. But before I finish, I shall just leave you with this.

My boyfriend, Anthony, started an amazing project last week. He's doing a University Diary, in video form, whereby he's documenting what happens each week, and uploading the outcome on a Sunday. It's for everyone and anyone to watch. He hopes to inform his friends, family and anyone else interested about his experiences, and hopes to help those who are contemplating whether or not to go to university. You can watch his videos here. As we've not actually started at university yet, the past two videos have been about the build-up and preparation. There'll be a new video every Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled! Any comments and views and subscribers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!





P.S. It's four months until Christmas. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment