Tuesday 20 May 2014

And so, we meet again...

I would first like to apologise profusely to anyone who actually takes the time to read this blog, as I haven't posted anything in so very long. Oopsy.


There IS good reason behind it though, I promise. Today, Tuesday 20th May 2014, marks the last official day of my first year at university. And quite frankly, I am not entirely sure how this time has managed to fly by so quickly. *gasps*

So. What have I done in this past (approximately) eight months? A lot. In case you were not already aware, I study English at the University of Lincoln. It is such a beautiful place here, and the course is brilliant. I have loved everything so much. (Albeit the stress of reading books on time, completing assignments, etc.)

Today, as I have mentioned, is my last official day. This is because I have an exam today (EEP), at 4pm. It is for my Edwardian literature module, it lasts for two hours, and I am to write two separate essays. It might sound like a piece of cake to some of you, but if you have known me for a while, and happened to talk to me or spend time with me during the A-level exam period, then you know full well how badly I stress out where exams are concerned. Hence why I thought that I would write on my blog, to take my mind off it for a little while. I will likely, as almost always, be fine, however. I will go in there and do my best, which is all that I can ask of myself, and all that anyone else can ask of me also.

I just genuinely cannot believe how quickly this year has flown. Nine assignments, one performance, one exam and a whole load of reading later, and that is the end of first year. SCARY. DEFINITELY SCARY. Now I know how fast a year can fly, I am imagining that the next two will be equally as swift. Gulp.

Anyway. I think that I have rambled on for long enough now. I would just like to thank everyone who has offered me support and help over this last year (you know who you are), and I would also like to thank the wonderful people with whom I have become friends with at university. I hope that some of you are reading this!

I shall try and keep on top of blogging over the summer, and then again when I am back at university in September. Posts might not be as long as some previous ones, but I shall do my very best to try and keep you all updated as well as I can!

Au revoir for now,

Hayley.


P.S. If anyone on my course is reading this, good luck for later! We'll smash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment