Monday 29 October 2012

So.


The reason I got this blog is so that I can have somewhere to write down my feelings, and to just generally get stuff off my chest. So I should probably talk about Skyfall before my brain implodes.

On Friday night (yes, the day of its release; we're die-hard Bond fans, people. We don't mess around) I went to see what I can only describe as one of the best films I have ever seen. I don't know if it's the very best; I don't know what the best film I've ever seen is. It's hard to judge films on how good they are. You just tend to like them more than others. Although saying that, War Horse was pretty spectacular. But anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. So, Skyfall.


It was utterly phenomenal. Definitely my favourite Bond film yet. The whole thing just blew my mind. I was so transfixed on the screen the whole time (apart from when the woman in front of me left to go to the toilet at about an hour into it. We hadn't even reached halfway and she was like "oops gotta go pee"... But anyway). There are so many things that I want to say about it, but I really don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet who intends on seeing it. So I'll try to keep my points spoiler-free.

1) The opening scene was absolutely brilliant.
2) How they led into the opening credits part worked incredibly well.
3) The opening credits part and Adele's Skyfall song complemented each other beautifully.
4) Whoever designed the opening credits deserves some sort of award.
5) Daniel Craig's suits were superb. I love a man in a good suit.
6) Javier Bardem makes an excellent Bond villain.
7) The Bond women (Naomie Harris and Bérénice Marlohe) were gorgeous.
8) BEN WHISHAW AS Q WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT. I've loved Ben since he was in The Hollow Crown. He was so perfect for the role of Q. Kudos to you Ben! (also, his hair and his glasses and his cardigan. HE'S SO CUTE. Enough said.)
9) There were many unexpected moments. I shan't elaborate because I do not wish to spoil it for anyone. But I guarantee you, you will be shocked on several occasions.
10) There were funny bits. Which I like, because even though James Bond is a macho, chauvinistic secret agent, at least he's still down-to-earth.
11) Dame Judi Dench was simply magnificent reprising her role as M. She's always been one of my favourite Bond characters and her performance in this film did not disappoint.
12) Daniel Craig's performance made it very hard for me to not pick him as my favourite Bond. Before seeing Skyfall, it was a very close call between him and Sean Connery, but now I think that after seeing this film it's definitely Daniel. Sorry Sir Sean. (have some light-hearted alliteration to make up for it)
13) I was thoroughly delighted by the whole experience. It was AMAZING. The queue was massive which heightened the anticipation even more! Such an excellent film. There really aren't enough adjectives to describe it.








So if you haven't been convinced to go and see Skyfall already, GO SEE IT! SERIOUSLY! I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment